Monday, March 7, 2011

SELF CARE DAY: 2, 3, 4 & 5

I haven't been using the laptop much lately cause the screen has been playing up a bit but I have definitely been working on my self care days! Day 1 was March 3rd and I promised I would drink 2L of water. Well I am glad to say I didn't get quite get to 2L but I sure came close. I felt much better for it so I have decided to aim to add that into my daily life, which it doesn't sound much but I am not much of a water drinker so to me it's a big deal.

On self care day 2, March 4th, I wanted to go for a walk so my boyfriend and I took the dog down the beach. It was beautiful weather and I felt much better after getting out, getting some exercise and some fresh air into my lungs. I need to promise myself some more self care like today more often.

Self care day 3, March 5th, and I decided to meditate for 20 minutes. In the morning I listened to Andrew Johnson's iPhone meditation for 'Success' and in the afternoon I listened to Gabrielle Bernstein's meditation on 'Seeing The World in Light', which she created for the final chapter of her 'Add More ~ing To Your Life' book.

Self care day 4, March 6th. Nothing hard about this one! I took the time and energy to self ex-foliate and wash my hair, which when you're in the final few weeks of being pregnant, can be totally exhausting. I did fell much better after doing so and very glad I pushed through the breathlessness and completed what I set out to do.

Today is self care day 5, March 7th and my goal today is to straighten my hair and paint my nails. I am also thinking about giving myself a facial and plucking my eyebrows, however if I don't get to that today then I am make it my self car promise for tomorrow. I think I will feel much prettier and self confident if I take this time to invest in myself, especially with how much my body has changed over the last 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment