Thursday, March 3, 2011

SELF CARE DAY: 1

I am not sure how many people have heard of Gabrielle Bernstein but she is a motivational speaker and author of the book "Add More ~ing To Your Life", amongst several other things. She has another book coming out in September (from memory) this year and and I can't wait to read it. She has a Facebook page which can be found here and her most recent challenge is called "30 Days of Self Care". There is nothing official about it, it's more about becoming aware of how you treat yourself and dedicating some time to yourself if you don't already, because you're worth it... as the Maybelline girls would say. :)

Anyway I thought this was a fantastic idea and I am going to get involved because it's about time I started becoming aware of how I act on a daily basis towards myself, and instead of just thinking "yeah I'm pretty alright", now I am going to prove it. To me! 

Because of the time difference in America this was meant to start on March 1st but who cares, we are a little in front of America here in Australia, and after all, each day should be treated as a gift rather than to be seen in "blocks" of months, so I am going to start today, on March 3rd, even though I have acts of self care for the previous 2 days, I am not going to count them for a couple of reasons. 1) There weren't deliberate acts of self care that I was aware of at the time, and 2) I get a couple of extra days of self care which will bring me right up to my due date to give birth to my little girl... even though I think I will deliver early! What a better way to celebrate the last month of my pregnancy and being a single person with 0 dependents.

So what am I going to do today that is my deliberate act of self care?

DRINK 2 LITRES OF WATER TO KEEP MYSELF AND MY BABY HYDRATED

I'll let you know tomorrow how I went. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment