Monday, February 14, 2011

THE POWER OF LOVE

Friday night my boyfriend wanted to take me out to dinner. At first I didn't really feel like going, but decided that I should start saying yes more than no, especially to those that I love, so we decided on Hogs Breath. We hadn't been there in a while but we got the same table we had last time we went and I ordered the fish and chips with salad, and he ordered the steak and ribs with chips and salad. It was such a wonderful meal. I couldn't eat all the fish so we thought it would be a good idea to offer the "doggy bag" to the homeless guy begging for change out the front that we walked past on our way in. Turns out it had been raining while we were eating and he had gone when we went looking for him. Our cats were VERY appreciative though!

Saturday we slept in, and in the afternoon my boyfriend said 'pack an overnight bag, we're not staying here tonight'. He had written about a week ago 'surprise' on the calendar for today, but I didn't mention it in case it wasn't going to happen, but it sure looked like it was well planned! He wouldn't tell me where we were going, and joked around saying we were getting a caravan, but we ended up at the same hotel we spent last Valentines Day at. I had no idea he had booked us in again!  I was so happy and thankful to be able to spend some quality time with him.

Saturday night he took me out to dinner... again! We walked from the hotel over to the wharf, which I had completely underestimated the distance. At 33 weeks pregnant I could feel my feet swelling with every step I took, and by the time I go there I thought I was about to have the baby. Instead, I opted for a non alcoholic lemon, lime and bitters drink which went down faster than I thought it could, and decided on calamari and chips with salad for dinner, and my boyfriend got steak with calamari, chips and salad. We kept an eye on the time because the hotel car park was full, so we were taking advantage of the 2 free hours at the public car park. After dinner we quickly (as quick as my elephant legs could take me) walked back to the hotel, grabbed the car keys and went to the car park. Turns out we were $1 late, which we thought was pretty funny. We paid, got the car and headed for a drive back to our place cause I had forgotten my wedge pillow to rest my gravity defying belly on. Once we got that, (plus our bathers), I asked if we could stop by Coles and get some Maltesers, which we did. When we got back to the hotel we decided to jump in the spa next to the hotel pool, and even though it was a bit cool, it was great to be able to stretch out and arch my back without feeling pain. We got out and headed back to the room, I jumped in the shower and my boyfriend surprised me with bubble bath he had bought while he was at Coles. I decided to wait until the morning to use it. We snuggled into bed and I wanted some Maltesers so I tried opening the packet but it was stuck, so I used all my might and then the bag erupted and there was a Maltesers explosion. We both laughed while we went around the room picking up all the chocolate balls that had eluded me. When we had them all, we settled in to watching Die Hard 4 and quickly fell asleep.

Sunday morning I got to sleep in, it was fantastic. There were no cats jumping at my face to get me to let them out to play, and there were no foot steps from the people living above us. It was just my boyfriend and I. He got up to have a shower and then ran me a bath, I enjoyed it so much, I could have stayed in there a lot longer than I did! We packed our stuff, and checked out, then went over to the Coffee Club for breakfast. I had a Ham and Cheese Croissant and my boyfriend had Sausages, Eggs and Toast. It was really nice, I should have gone for 2! After breakfast / lunch we went for drive around town to see what was happening, and by the time we got home my boyfriend had decided to take my dog for a walk down the beach that afternoon and that I should come.

Sunday afternoon we just sat by the pool at home and talked to my brother and his fiancée. Around 4.30 my boyfriend said it's time to go to the beach, as I was trying to work out how to spend my last $500 on MONEY: DAY 5. Fortunately he sat in the car waiting for me with my dog, and 5 minutes later I joined them and we were off. I didn't realise how sore my feet still were from the night before, and as soon as I started to walk long distance (down the beach) my feet started to pack it in and I had to sit down. I could feel my good mood slipping so I took my focus off how sore I was feeling to being aware of my surroundings and listing everything that I loved then and there, from the weather to the clean water in my water bottle I had in front of me. 5 minutes later I felt fantastic, my feet were still swollen and sore but my mood had improved dramatically. My boyfriend came over and squatted next to me, and threw my dog the sick. I followed the stick with my eyes, as he threw it behind me and then I felt something on my leg. I turned around there was a ring box with a purple ribbon wrapped around it. I didn't know what to think, I was trying to work out what it was before I even touched it. I opened it up and there was the most beautiful ring I had seen, and it looked exactly like the engagement rings I loved. My boyfriend very quickly became my fiancée and it was magical. I showed my dog the ring and he wasn't very interested in it, his concentration laid loyal to his stick he had just fetched. With a smile on my face I got up and brushed as much sand off as I could, and we headed back to the car. When I got home I rang my parents who are overseas  enjoying a much deserved holiday and told them the news, they are so happy for the both of us, and then I told my brother and then I called my sister to let her know. Once my family were all notified I called my fiancée's family and gave them the good news. My brother and his fiancée even shouted us dinner and cooked cupcakes to celebrate! Last night we cuddled and talked about our weekend before we fell asleep for the first time as an engaged couple.

To the man that will be my husband, I have loved you from the moment I met you. As soon as my eyes rested on you for the first time in 2007, the world seemed to slow down just a little, my heart skipped a beat and you took my breath away. Then you smiled at me and you melted my heart. Words can not express how much you mean to me, and how much I love you, and continue to love you more and more each day. I hope that over the next glorious decades we spend together I am able to show you and give you what you deserve; the universe; and I hope I get to make you feel as complete with me as I do with you. I promise you that I will never leave you, that I will never hurt you, and that I will never stop loving you. At the risk of sounding incredibly cliche`, you had me at hello, and I know in my heart there will never ever be a good bye. I will always be yours, through this lifetime and next. You are forever in my heart, my mind and my soul. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment